The Glycemic Index
Your health is the most important part of your life. With out your health you can not take care of family or yourself. You can start by fixing your diet. Once you get your diet under control then you can move on from there with exercise and other personal health care activities. Lets look into diet and the glycemic index.
The Glycemic Index is a common food ranking system that is used to determine the overall effect that particular foods play when it comes to the issue of the glucose level in the blood. It has been discovered that food types that are carbohydrate based and break down in a quick manner in the process of digestion have the highest index when it comes to the Glycemic Index. This means that the overall response from the sugar levels in the blood is relatively fast and occurs at a very high rate. If the same type of foods breakdown at a slow rate, then it is said that those foods have a low Glycemic Index.
There should be an emphasis on the Glycemic Index when it comes to the foods that we consume and our diet in general. The following groups of people should be especially concerned about this:
1. Individuals who have diabetes, or those who are at high risk for developing this medical condition
2. Those who are engaging in a diet program
3. Individuals who are involved in athletics
4. Individuals who suffer from medical conditions like a resistance to insulin, and even Syndrome X
5. Those who suffer from the effects of hypoglycemia
If foods that are consumed have a high index as far as glycemics is concerned, there are many complications that can arise. The following outlines the many problems that may develop when it comes to the foods that break down the fastest when it comes to digestion:
1. Individuals who experience foods with a Glycemic Index that is really high often experience small bursts of hyperactivity and long periods of fatigue immediately thereafter.
2. Those who consume these foods often find that their physical performance is hindered a great deal.
3. Those who consume these types of foods are most likely to gain weight more quickly than individuals who consume foods that have a low Glycemic Index.
If you are concerned about your weight, your blood glucose level, and your health in general, it is absolutely imperative to ensure that you learn as much as you are able when it comes to the Glycemic Index.
1000 Calorie Low Glycemic Index Diet
Click here for a Diabetes Guide! A Comprehensive Guide To Beating Diabetes – Dramatically Improve Your Blood Sugar Control, Reduce And Eliminate Your Need For Insulin Shots