The first in a series of testimonials by Medical Professionals using the whole fruit Mangosteen juice in their practises with much success.
J. Frederic Templeman, M.D., is a primary care physician, board certified in both the United States and Canada, with over twenty years of clinical experience. As Medical Director of Phytoceutical Research, Dr. Templeman is internationally sought after as a speaker and author on health, nutrition, and the healing properties of the Mangosteen fruit. Dr. Templeman and his wife Michelle are the parents of ten children; they currently reside in Utah.
“I still lose sleep thinking about what the Mangosteen means to the world of dietary supplements. As I travel around the country lecturing on the health benefits of the Mangosteen, I am inevitably asked to comment on the “science” behind the fruit. As a result, I carry with me a large binder that is almost four inches thick. It contains many of the journal articles and research papers from schools of pharmacy and medicine where scientists have put the Mangosteen’s xanthones to the test under experimental conditions. The impersonal facts of the studies are set out in cold scientific terms that describe cell cultures, spectrometric analysis, and observations in laboratory animals.
The Mangosteen’s benefits spans a wide range of effects: anti-inflammatory (stronger than indomethacin), anti-microbial (against viruses, bacteria and fungi), anti-tumour (tested successfully against six chemotherapy agents), anti-aging, anti-fatigue, potent antioxidant effect, anti-atherosclerotic, antihistamine, and the list goes on!
“I am convinced that Mangosteen will, without a doubt, be the most successful food supplement ever. It will be bigger than Aloe Vera.“ – DR. J. Templeman
Amod Tootla, M.D., F.A.C.S., F.I.C.S. is a world-renowned, board certified cancer surgeon and leading scientist. Named one of the top surgeons in the United States by the Consumer Research Council of America in Washington, DC for the last five years, he has also been named by Cambridge University as one of the top 2000 scientist in the world for the 21st Century.
Dr. Tootla is licensed to practice in 20 different countries and has the distinction of having introduced robotic surgery in the United States. He is a pioneer of laparoscopic colon surgery and has published numerous papers in the most prestigious medical journals in the world, including the New England Journal of Medicine. Dr Tootla was the first surgeon to do surgery over the internet – from Michigan to Buenas Aires in Argentina – as reported on the front page of the Wall Street Journal. He was the first surgeon to use radio frequency abalation for primary and metastatic liver cancer.
Dr. Tootla has used thereapy with Mangosteen Juice with over 1800 of his patients.
CANCER DOCTOR SEES RESULTS
Testimony by Amod S. Tootla, MD, Colorectal surgeon specialising in colon cancer.
“I am an active tennis player and skier and injured my left knee twice from skiing accidents. After I was done taking my third bottle of mangosteen juice, all of my pain was gone. I had no problem playing three or four sets of tennis, when in prior months one set wore me out. I decided to research what this juice was all about. I researched materials from http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entrez/ and studied xanthones.
After I discovered the healthy effects that xanthones have on the body, I decided that I would suggest mangosteen juice to some of my patients. I saw dramatic results (Please see my recommendations for mangosteen usage below)
Many of my patients are older with color cancer, and some have other conditions like hypertension. After these patients had been on the juice a while, they were coming back and telling me what amazing results they were having. Many experienced less pain from arthritis…”
I use mangosteen as a firstline therapy in the following conditions:
- Gastro-esophageal reflux disease
- Acid dyspepsia or gastritis
- Hiatal hernia
- Fatigue or low energy states
- Mild depression or dysthymia
- Mild to moderate anxiety states
- Mild to moderate asthma
- Irritable bowel disease
- Recurrent urinary tract infection
- Sleep disorders
- Allergic rhinitis
- Otits externa
- Non-arthritis muscle or joint pain
I use mangosteen as an adjunctive therapy in the following conditions:
- Rheumatic or connective tissue diseases
- Degenerative disc disease
- Lupus erythomatosis
- Peripheral neuropathy
- Migraine headache
- Stomach and duodenal ulcers
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Moderate to severe depression
- Ulcerative Colitis and Chron’s disease
- Cardiovascular disease and hypertension
- Post-menopausal mood disorder and PMS
- Viral infections
- Bacteria infections
- Fungal infections
- Severe allergic reactions
In my opinion, the mangosteen equals or outperforms the following US prescription and over-the-counter drugs:
- Nexium, Prevacid, Aciphex
- Xantac, Pepcid, and other H2 blockers
- Allegra, Zyrtec, Claritin, other antihistamines
- Lotrisone, Topicort, Cutivate, other tropical corticosteroids
- Vallium, Xanax, other minor tranquilizers
- Prozac, Zoloft, Paxil, Lexapro, other antidepressants when used for dysthymia or anxiety
- Vicodin, Percocet, Duragesic patches, other narcotics
- Tegaretol, Neurontin, other anti-epileptic drugs when used for chronic pain
- Anusol, other hemorrhoid preparations
- Celebrex, Vioxx, Bextra, Naproxen, Arthroterc, Ibuprofen, other antiinflammatories
- Ultram, Talwin, other non-opiod pain preparations
- Midrin, Fioricet, Imitrex. Amerge, Maxalt, Zomig, other migraine preparations
- Lipitor, Zocor, Pravacol, other lipid-lowering agents
- Aricept, Cognex, other Alzheimer’s preparations
Also read 75 Reasons to drink mangosteen juice
Vaughn T. Johnson, D.O. is a board certified family medicine physician. He has been practicing for over 10 years, and offers a wide range of medical services including pediatrics, obstetrics and sports medicine. In addition, Dr. Johnson serves as an associate professor of family medicine at several medical schools. Dr. Johnson currently resides in Utah with his wife Sherry and their four children.
Dr. Johnson explains how drinking a natural food supplement like Mangosteen juice each day may affect many modern, debilitating disorders like autism, ADHD, depression, chronic fatigue syndrome, Acid Reflux, Allergies, Alzheimer’s Disease, Aspartame detoxify, Asthma, Autism, Autoimmune Disorders, B-vitamins, & liquid B-vitamins deficiency, insomnia, and senility.
Dr. Albert Miller M.D. received his medical degree from the University of Cincinnati College of Medicine. After completing a surgical internship at Huron Road Hospital in Cleveland, he returned to the University of Cincinnati where he completed his residency in Family Practice. Dr. Miller has maintained his board certification in Family Practice since 1988.
After completing his residency training in 1988, Dr. Miller started his practice in Family Medicine with Dr. Roy Miller in Millersburg, Ohio. A year later he moved his practice to Wooster, Ohio where he continues to practice today.
Dr. Miller has always had an interest in Alternative and Complimentary Medicine such as the Mangosteen and incorporated this with his traditional Family Practice. It was an article from the European medical literature in 1995 that first inspired Dr. Miller’s interest in Anti-Aging Medicine.
It was then that he started incorporating some of the anti-aging modalities into his practice style. Dr. Miller’s first anti aging patient was his father-in-law. This began an educational process which included conferences, seminars, literature, text books, and clinical training, resulting in board certification in Anti-Aging Medicine in 2000. This educational process continues today and will continue for the rest of Dr. Miller’s professional practice.
PREVENTION GREATEST BENEFIT OF MANGOSTEEN
Testimonial by Albert Miller, M.D., Family physician
“I first started to research mangosteen in October 2004. I had not heard of mangosteen or xanthones before, so I was excited to begin the research.
I went to Medscape (an online resource for physicians at http://www.medscape.com/home ) and did a Medline search on both xanthones an mangosteen and was surprised at what I found. There were, in fact, over one thousand articles on xanthones and twenty some on mangosteen. I identified more than 40 xanthones in the mangosteen fruit, most of which are in the thick pericarp, or peel.
I narrowed down my clinical research to be more specific to my purpose. This revealed a number of articles to support:
- Potent antioxidant activity
- Anti-inflammatory action
- Anti-bacterial action
- Anti-tumour action, and in some cases, even apoptosis (tumour cell death).
I decided that mangosteen juice would have a place in my practice. I began using the juice myself, and I prescribed a select group of patients to use it as well. If the results warranted it, and as the science and my clinical experience directed me, I would expand my recommendation of mangosteen.
For my initial trial, five of my patients along with my wife and I began using mangosteen juice; and the results were amazing. I was most impressed with the anti-inflammatory effects; decreased joint swelling and pain reduction that we saw during our first month. Subsequently, I started recommending mangosteen for a variety of symptoms and diseases.
Auto-immune diseases like rheumatoid arthritis, lupus and psoriasis showed remarkable clinical improvement. Chronic skin conditions such as eczema and dermatitis improved in most patients, totally eliminating the need for use of topical steroids in many cases. Males with benign prostate hypertrophy reported reduction in nocturia – the number of times they get up at night to urinate. Osteoarthritis pain and fibromyalgia symptoms did not completely resolve for most patients, but showed a marked improvement.
I consider prevention to be the greatest benefit of using mangosteen. I fully believe the evidence clearly points to the fact that all diseases associated with aging directly or indirectly result from excessive oxidation, uncontrolled inflammation or the malfunction of our immune system. As I have stated, mangosteen has a profound effect on each of these. It is likely to be the single most powerful prevention supplement available to us today.”
David A. Morton, Ph.D., is an internationally recogniSed author and lecturer. He is considered to be a foremost authority on Garcinia mangostana, the Mangosteen fruit, and its scientific research. He works closely with J. Frederic Templeman M.D., as Research Director for Phytoceutical Research. Dr. Morton currently resides in Utah with his wife Celine and their four children.
Dr. Sam J. Walters holds a Master of Science in Biology with an emphasis in Clinical Nutrition and a Bachelor’s Degree in Bio-Nutrition in addition to his Naturopathic Medical Degree. He is also a Diplomat of The American Council in Applied Clinical Nutrition, a member of the American Association of Naturopathic Physicians and Certified in Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy Medicine. He brings over 30 years of comprehensive practice and experience in the medical profession and is an energetic, dedicated and acclaimed physician who has travelled the United States lecturing to groups of up to 7000 attendees on topics including preventive health care, nutrition and related medical issues, as well as Mangosteen. He has hosted his own weekly television programme and national radio programme and has made several guest appearances on radio and television shows across the country, including “Alive and Well with Eddie Albert.”
His publications include: Prostate Health, 1996; The Physicians Nutritional Guide, 1983; Nutritional Balance and Health Control, 1981.
As a family practitioner, Dr. Walters is also a trained specialist in natural medicine (like the Mangosteen) on top of his traditional training. He treats diseases and restores health using the therapies from the sciences of clinical nutrition, herbal medicine, homeopathy, traditional medicine, exercise therapy, counselling, acupuncture, and spinal manipulation.
“As a doctor of naturopathic medicine, I have treated over 50,000 patients in my career and have assisted in the formulation of health and nutritional products for pharmaceutical companies, as well as for NASA. I am always looking for new products offering something unique and effective that can benefit my patients without adverse side effects. Mangosteen is leading the way in this field!”
‘MORE THAN UNIQUE.’ PROOF OF EFFICACY EVIDENT WITH PATIENTS
By Dr. Sam Walters
“Mangosteen juice is more than unique. I took a long, hard look at it. If you knew what I knew you would never leave home without your mangosteen juice.
Antioxidants are the real keys to the future in treating disease. Many medications today are still derived from natural components. When you look at mangosteen, it has so many natural properties to it. And the proof of its efficacy isn’t just anecdotal. Medical faculties all over the world have research that shows mangosteen contains elements that literally help to correct many diseases that occur today.
Current projections indicate that one out of four people in North America will get cancer, and one out of five will die of it in their lifetime. The real name of the game is prevention.
We treat a lot of cancer patients in our clinic. One of the first things we do is look for heavy metals in a patient’s urine. Heavy metals can destroy the immune system, and we are finding that almost all of the people with cancer are loaded with heavy metals. We try to clean these heavy metals out, and mangosteen helps to remove them. [Natural Cellular Defense – NCD – is the most efficient and safe method of removal. Nutritional support such as mangosteen juice helps replace the needed nutrients.]
Mangosteen is an antioxidant. The rind itself contains xanthones or forms of antioxidants that have been effective against cultures of breast cancer in laboratory experiments, lung cancer, stomach cancer and one type of leukemia.
The majority of patients we treat are stage four and beyond. In some cases, they have been given six to eight weeks to live. We often witness wonderful results; the mangosteen juice has become one of the many weapons in our arsenal. It has given them their lives back.
When the body is sick it needs biological material, not chemical material. In this day and age we are so polluted with chemicals, contaminants and artificial things. We must learn to do things that are preventative in nature, like using mangosteen. One of the greatest things you can do for your immune system is preventative care.”
SEE HOW MANGOSTEEN STACKS UP!
- Boost your energy! Mangosteen’s ability to fight fatigue is one of its most sought-after benefits. “[Mangosteen] predictably and reliably provides a safe boost of energy. Users of mangosteen … have commented on a noticeable increase in energy or sense of well-being.”
- Fight inflammation! Chronic inflammation can lead to cancer, arthritis, Alzheimer’s disease, type II diabetes, heart disease and other deadly diseases. Xanthones in mangosteen naturally fight inflammation at the cellular level by inhibiting COX-2 enzymes.
- Manage your weight! The xanthones in mangosteen act to make our cells soft, permeable and able to quickly convert the food we eat into energy. This makes us feel better and helps us lose weight at the same time.
- Reduce and prevent pain! Mangosteen’s pain-relieving benefits are helping people everywhere. “I was able to stop using Percocet preparations and heavy doses of anti-inflammatory drugs with which I had been partially controlling the pain of degenerative disk disease in my neck for years. I am now pain-free,” shares Dr. J. Frederic Templeman.
- Prevent heart disease! Heart disease and arteriosclerosis occur when the elasticity of vessels surrounding the heart is lost. Mangosteen helps to fortify this system of vessels through its antimicrobial and antioxidant effects. When these vessels are healthy and strong, the risk of heart disease decreases.
- Fight harmful free radicals! Mangosteen contains catechins, which have been proven to be multiple times more effective against free radicals than the antioxidants Vitamin C and Vitamin E. Dr. Templeman advises, “Use mangosteen as a daily supplement, and you will see the countless antioxidant benefits it has to offer.”
- Reduce hypertension! Hypertension (elevated blood pressure) is one of the leading causes of arteriosclerosis. Mangosteen has proven effective, especially in those with normal body weight, to lower blood pressure and prevent the onset of pulmonary hypertension.
- Improve your stomach condition! One of the effects of aging is the natural decline in stomach acid. This leads to increased bacteria in the stomach and causes diarrhea, cramping, gas and mal-absorption of nutrients. Xanthones in mangosteen have proven to kill this overgrowth of bacteria to improve and restore balance in the stomach.
- Improve urinary tract health! Incontinence for women is caused by the natural decline of muscle tone in the pelvis. This decline in muscle tone reduces the bladder’s ability to completely empty itself. As men age, the prostate naturally enlarges, which narrows the urethra and causes some urine to remain in the bladder after urination. Mend and women with this condition often experience infection because of retained bacteria in urine that has not been eliminated. The xanthones in mangosteen have a proven, natural antibacterial effect.
- Eliminate bad breath! An amazing “side effect” of the bacteria-killing xanthones present in mangosteen is their ability to stave off bad breath.
- Ease asthma! Asthma is an inflammatory disease of the respiratory system. Mangosteen is an ideal alternative to undesirable asthma medications because of its ability to fight infection, inhibit inflammation and reduce allergic triggers — naturally!
- Manage your diabetes! With the ability to lower and regulate blood sugar, decrease appetite, improve energy levels and decrease the need for hypoglycemic medications, mangosteen may be an answer for diabetes.
- Improve mental awareness! Oxidative damage to the brain is a significant cause of dementia. Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s and other central nervous system diseases. Because mangosteen is one of the best antioxidant foods it can be effective in preventing mental degeneration. Plus, mangosteen has been shown to improve mental acuity.
- Aid cancer prevention! Mangosteen is being continually researched for its possible prevention of cancer. Research has shown that extracts from the mangosteen fruit may inhibit the growth of human leukemia cells and also inhibit the rapid growth of cells that trigger breast cancer, liver cancer and other gastric and lung cancer cells. 8,18
- Alleviate allergies! Mangosteen is highly sought after for its natural antihistamine and antiinflammatory effects without causing the undesirable drowsiness that is so characteristic of my allergy medications.
- Fight infectious diseases! Scientists have exposed growing bacteria to solutions of mangosteen and have found that mangosteen actually stopped the bacteria from growing. As a result, mangosteen is being hailed as “queen of the antimicrobials.”
- Increase your feeling of well-being! Tryptophan – an essential amino acid – may be enhanced by daily servings of mangosteen. Tryptophan is directly related to serotonin, which is responsible for sleep, moods and appetite.
- Improve your skin! Skin disorders such as eczema, dermatitis, acne, psoriasis and rashes are commonly treated with steroids and anti-fungal creams. Applied topically, mangosteen has proven to fight these skin conditions naturally and without harmful drugs or side effects.
- Prevent eye problems! Cataracts and glaucoma are the result of radiation damage to the lens proteins in the eye. These conditions can be prevented by avoiding sun exposure and by supplementing with effective antioxidants such as those contained in mangosteen.
- Have a healthier mouth! The astringent power and antimicrobial effects that have been demonstrated by mangosteen help promote a health mouth and gums.
- Lower cholesterol! When low-density liproprotein (LDL or “bad” cholesterol) is oxidized in the bloodstream and arteries, fibrous plaques form. Studies have shown that xanthones reduce the oxidation of LDL, which prevents these dangerous plaques from forming.
- Help prevent kidney stones! Kidney stones are common, particularly in men. When men first use mangosteen in amounts of 3 ounces or more, many urinate frequently during the following 24 hours. This diuretic effect is helpful with prevention or passing of kidney stones.
- Reduce the effects of aging! Mangosteen may help prevent and fight many effects of aging: Mental degeneration, gastrointestinal distress, arthritis, muscle and joint pain, and eye degeneration.
- Prevent or shorten viral infections! Mangosteen has shown a remarkable ability, when consumed in large amounts at the onset of a viral infection, to speed up the body’s processes and heal viral infections more quickly. When taken as a daily supplement, mangosteen has also proven effective in preventing viral infections altogether.
- Improve digestion! The rind of the mangosteen is mostly made up of fibre. Fibre pushes waste through the colon more rapidly, preventing constipation and possible colon cancer. Fibre can also keep cholesterol in check by removing harmful bile acids.
PERSONAL EXPERIENCES WITH MANGOSTEEN JUICE
By several Medical Professionals
Dr. Judy Leets, Naturopathic Doctor
I am a naturopathic doctor and have been a student of natural health for more than 30 years. In those 30 years I have been introduced to hundreds of supplements but none are as impressive as the juice made from the whole mangosteen fruit. When I was first introduced to this juice I dismissed it as just another supplement that couldn’t possibly live up to its expectations. After being told about it over and over I began doing my own research, after one year I embraced it wholeheartedly.
Along with changes to diet and lifestyle, supplementation is the answer to many health issues, and in my opinion, mangosteen juice should be on everyone’s list of daily supplements. I have had chronic lower back pain since 1998 when I ruptured a disk in my lumbar vertebrae. When I drink my daily ounces of mangosteen juice with each meal and before bed my symptoms disappear. Our personal doctor was after my husband to take medication for his cholesterol but I convinced him to start drinking the mangosteen juice and his cholesterol came down to normal levels naturally without
The pericarp of the mangosteen fruit contains biologically active molecules called xanthones that are highly anti-fungal as well as anti-inflammatory. This is the number one reason why any mangosteen juice that is used as a supplement must contain the whole fruit, including the rind. That is what makes it so powerful and efficacious.
The father of medicine, Hippocrates, is the one who said, “Let food be your medicine.”
James Graham, M.D. Cynecologic Oncologist
I reached a point in my life where I was going to have to give up my career as a cancer surgeon. I had developed severe arthritis primarily in my knee and ankle joints. After undergoing arthroscopic surgery I was told that I had lost most of the cartilage in my knee joints. I was walking “bone on bone.”
I was in severe pain and began using a number of traditional western medications, including COX-2 inhibitors. After three months, I developed a gastric ulcer and my hemoglobin dropped to a level of six, thus requiring admission to the Intensive Care unit, endoscopic surgery and transfusion.
One of my patients with ovarian cancer Was being treated with chemotherapy and was doing extremely well. She was also drinking mangosteen juice. She told me to drink three onces a day. After three days, I could honestly feel a difference. I was at a point that pain would wake me up as I rolled over in bet at night.
Now I sleep through the night and rather than waking up in the morning with stiff joints, I get out of bed and feel great.
I have since canceled my disability application and now look forward to many more years of treating cancer patients. Try it!
Harriett McCallum, Retired LPN
I have had problems with irritable bowel syndrome 14 for almost 10 years, but in the last few years it has become a lot worse. I started drinking mangosteen juice in March and I was amazed at the difference I saw within 48 hours. I no longer had intestinal bloating, my stomach had settled down and I was beginning to have less diarrhea. I don’t know what I would do without the mangosteen beverage because it has helped me so much. I was at a point that I was not able to eat anything in the morning before I went out for the day. I would sip on juice and water because I was not able to eat anything without suffering from diarrhea and cramps. This juice has made a tremendous difference in my life. It has given me a new lease on life. I have a lot more energy I don’t tire as easily and I am sleeping better.
Armando V. DeGuzman, M.D.
In 1989 I was in a very serious accident while bicycle racing. I had severe facial injuries and fractures, and I fractured my cervical spine and lower back. It is a miracle I’m not a quadriplegic today. I started having problems with severe, traumatic arthritis and compression syndrome in my back. It had become so painful that I needed to take Celebrex and Vioxx for the pain. I also had to take some narcotics at night because the pain was so severe I couldn’t sleep.
I was going to have surgery on my back to decompress it, but then a friend of mine called and told me about the launch of mangosteen juice. I began drinking three ounces twice a day. After the first week, I didn’t have to take the narcotics at night. After another week, I didn’t have to use any medications because I was completely pain free.
Because of my healing experience, I started researching the mangosteen fruit and sharing it with my patients as a complement to standard medication. Many patients have been able to taper their medications while on mangosteen juice.
Dr. Robert C. Stone Osteopathic Physician and Research Psychiatrist
After studying decades of research, I believe the antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties of the mangosteen represent the single greatest step we can take to help prevent the five major diseases: heart disease, cancer, stroke, lung disease and diabetes.
My path to the mangosteen begins way back in my youth. After one particularly successful swimming meet, the losing team ‘celebrated’ by throwing everyone into th pool. One of my opponents landed directly on my head while I was standing straight up. The damage to my neck and upper back has haunted me every day since. I was 14 at the time. Aspirin was the only medication available for my pain, and I used it a lot, every day. Within a year, I had developed the ‘side-effect’ of stomach irritation (gastritis) and burning in my esophagus (reflux). These conditions are now known as gastroesophageal reflux disease, or GERD.
For the next decade, I could not find a medication, supplement or substance that would decrease my constant stomach pain. Over the years since, I have taken the highest dose of the strongest stomach medications available. I had some improvement on these medications, but I was a slave to them and still in misery.
Then a friend introduced me to mangosteen. After eight days of drinking 1.5 ounces of mangosteen juice each morning, I didn’t have to take any pills at night before bed. Eight months have now passed without being chained to medication, and without risking the hundreds of side effects each of the drugs. Eight months with complete remission of my symptoms, for the first time in 25 years.
Two out of every three of us will die from one of the top five fatal disease. We now know that free radical damage and chronic inflammation underlie each of these diseases. With the powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties of the xanthones in the mangosteen, I believe I am actively decreasing my chance of contracting one of these diseases.
Ed Cohen, retired Pharmacist
For years I would awake early in the morning with headaches,sometimes as often as three times a week. I would take to Fiorinal tablets and then go back to sleep so I wouldn’t have to go to work with the pain. Since using mangosteen juice, I no longer have those terrible headaches, and I sleep through the night.
My wife Sandi suffers from migraine headaches so severe that she would be incapacitated for up to three days at a time. The migraine headaches came too regularly and too often. She also started using mangosteen juice and immediately the length of time between headaches increased to more than five weeks. Mangosteen works!
Dr. Kenneth J. Finsand, Chiropractic physician
In 1981, while surfing in Hawaii, I broke my back in four areas. Over the last 20 years through chiropractic care, I have been able to lead a fairly normal life. However, the pain has increased because spurring has advanced and degeneration has occurred in certain areas of the spine.
Then I learned about mangosteen juice. I was given an ounce of the juice, and that was the beginning of my major change in my health, my life and my career. I have implemented this product in my clinic and recommended its use to my patients with incredible results. Never have I encountered a natural fruit so powerful. Because of the amazing results I have had with mangosteen, I am now drug free and virtually pain free for the first time in 21 years. The research I have performed on this product has led me to believe that it can turn around chronic conditions of inflammation in the cells of the body. It is also my finding that mangosteen is the perfect ailment preventive. And in the chiropractic world,
prevention is the key goal in health care.
- Schmid, W. “Isolation of mangostin from Garcinia Mangostana Linn,” Liebigs Ann, 1855; 93 (83)
- Chanarat P. Chanarat N. Fikojara M. Nagumo T. (1997) “Immunopharmacological activity of Polysaccharide from the Pericarp of Mangosteen Garcinia; Phagocyic intracellular killing activities,” J Med Assoc Thai, 1:S149-154
- Bennet, G.L.H (1989) “Xanthones from Guttiferae,” Phytochemistry, 28; 967-998
- Shankaranarayanan, D., L. Kaneswran, et al., (1980) “Effect of Mangostin a Xanthone from Garcinia Mangostana Linn. in Immunopathological and Inflammation Reactions,” Indian Journal of Experimental Biology, 18; pp. 843-46
- Mahabusarakam, W., P. Iriyachitra, P. Saowaluk (1986) “Antimicrobial Activities of Chemical Constituents from Garcinia mangostana Linn.” J. Sci. Soc. Thailand, 12; pp. 239-42
- Gopalakrishnan G., Banumathi B,. Suresh G. (1997, May) “Evaluation of the Antifungal Activity of Natural Xanthones from Garcinia Mangostana and Their Synthetic Derivatives,” J Nat Prod; 60 (5):519-24.
- Nakatani, K. M. Atsui, T. Arakawa, et al, (2002 Sep.) “Inhibition of histamine release and prostaglandin E2 synthesis by mangosteen, a Thai medicinal plant,” Biochemical Pharmacology Bulletin, 25 (9): 1137-1141
- Chi-Kuan Ho, Yu-Ling Huang, Chie-Chih Chen (2002) “Garcinone E, a xanthone derivative, has potent cytotoxic effect against hepatocellular carcinoma cell lines,” Planta Medica, 68: 975-979
- Williams P., Ongaskul M., Proudfoot J., Croft K., Beilin L. (1995 Aug.) “Mangostin Inhibits the Oxidative Modification of Human Low Density Lipoprotein,” Free Radic Res ;23(2):175-84.
- Jinsart et al., (1992 Nov.) “Inhibition of wheat embryo calcium dependent protein kinase and other kinases by mangostin and gamma-mangostin,” Phytochemistry ;31(11):3711-3713
- Saralamp, PCW, R. Temsiririrkkul, T. Clayton (1996) Medicinal Plants of Thailand,Volume I, Bangkok, Thailand; Amarin Printing and Publishing Public Co., LTD
- Nakatani, K. N. Nakahata, T. Arakawa, H. Yasuda, . Ohizumi (2002) “Inhibition of Cyclooxygenase and Prostaglandin E2 synthesis by ß-mangostin, A Xanthone Derivative in Mangosteen, in C6 rat glioma cells,” Biochemical Pharmacology, 63, pp. 73-79
- Nattaya Chairungsrilerd, Ken-Ichi Furukawa, Takeshi Tadano, Kensuke Kisara and Yasushi Ohizumi (1998) “Effect of gamma-mangostin through the inhibition of 5-hydroxytryptamine2A receptors in 5-fluoro-alpha-methyltryptamine-induced head-twitch responses of mice,” British Journal of Pharmacology, 123, 855–862
- Shankaranarayan D, Gopalakrishnan C, Kameswaran L. (1979 Jun.) “Pharmacological profile of mangostin and its derivatives,” Arch Int Pharmacodyn Ther. ;239 (2): 257-69
- Fan, C., J. Su (1997) Antioxidative Mechanism of Isolated Components from Methanol Extract of Fruit Hulls of Garcinia mangostana L.,J. Chinese Agricultural Chem. Soc. No. 5, 35; pp. 540-51
- Furukawa K, Chairungsrilerd N, Ohta T, et al. (1997, Oct.) “[Novel types of receptor antagonists from the medicinal plant Garinia mangostana]” Nippon Yakurigaku Zasshi, Suppl 1, 110: 153P-158P
- Chairungsrilerd N, Furukawa KI, Ohta T, Nozoe S, Ohizumi Y. (1998, Jan.) “Gamma-mangostin, a novel type of 5-hydroxytryptamine 2A receptor antagonist.” Naunyn Schmiedebergs Arch Pharmacol. ;357 (1):25-31
- Chairungsrilerd et al, (1996) “Mangostanol, A Prenyl Xanthone from Garcinia mangostana,” Phytochemistry No. 5, 43: pp. 1099-1102
- Chanarat, P., Chanarat N. Fikojara M. Nagumo T. (1997.) “Immunopharmacological activity of Polysaccharide from the Pericarp of Mangosteen Garcinia; Phagocyic intracellular killing activities,” J Med Assoc Thai, 1:S149-154
- Chen et at., (1996) “Active Constituents Against HIV-1 Protease from Garcinia mangostana,” Planta Medica, 62: pp. 381-82
- Dahanukar et al. (2000) “Pharmacology of Medicinal Plants And Natural Products,” Indian Journal of Pharmacology, p. S96
- Du et al., (1977) “A Research Note: Anthocyanins of Mangosteen, Garcinia mangostana,” J. Food Science No.6, 42;pp. 1667-68
- Duke et al., (1993) CRC Handbook of Alternative Cash Crops, pp. 257-59 (CRC Press)
- Fairchild, D. G. (1903) “The mangosteen, queen of tropical fruits.” Soc. Hort. Sci. Proc. 14-15
- Fan et al., (1997) “Antioxidative Mechanism of Isolated Components from Methanol Extract of Fruit Hulls of Garcinia mangostana L.,” 35 J. Chinese Agricultural Chem. Soc. No. 5, pp. 540-51
- Fujihara, Michio, Yumiko Kurata, Yasuyuki Kosaka, Prasit Chanarat, Terukazu Nagumo. (1997) “Antitumor Polysaccharides from the Pericarb of Mangosteen.” Bull Chiang Mai Assoc Med Sci Vol.30, Supplement No.1
- Gopalakrishnan G., Banumathi B,. Suresh G. (1997, May) “Evaluation of the Antifungal Activity of Natural Xanthones From Garcinia Mangostana and Their Synthetic Derivatives,” J Nat Prod; 60(5):519-24
- Harborne & Baxter, (1983) Phytochemical Dictionary – A Handbook of Bioactive Compounds from Plants, pp. 582, (Taylor & Frost, London)
- Jinsart et al, (1992) “Inhibition of Wheat Embryo Calcium-dependent Protein Kinase And Other Kinases by Mangostin and ß-mangostin,” 31 Phytochemistry No. 11, pp. 3711-3713
- Krishnapilly B., Marzalina M. and Hairs Mohd. (1993) “Seeds and Fruits of Some Common Tropical Species Used as Medicine by Folk Healers,” Bulletin FRIM, 3(2):9-11.
- Linuma M., Tosa H., Tanaka T., Asai F., Kobayashi Y., Shimano R,. Miyauchi K. (1996, August) “Antibacterial Activity of Xanthones from Guttiferaeous Plants Against Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus Aureus,” J Pharm Pharmacol ;48(8):861-5
- Mahabusarakam et al., (1986) “Antimicrobial Activities of Chemical Constituents from Garcinia mangostana Linn.,” 12 J. Sci. Soc. Thailand, pp. 239-42
- Mahabusarakam et al., (2000) “Inhibition of Lipoprotein Oxidation by Prenylated Xanthones Derived from Mangostin,” Free Rad. Res. 33: pp. 643-59 (2000).
- Marona et al, (2001) “Pharmacological Properties of Some Aminoalkanolic Derivatives of Xanthone,” Pharmazie, 56:pp. 567- 572
- Michio Fujihara, Yumiko Kurata, Yasuyuki Kosaka, Prasit Chanarat, Terukazu Nagumo. (1997) “Antitumor Polysaccharides from the Pericarb of Mangosteen.” Bull Chiang Mai Assoc Med Sci Vol.30, Supplement No.1
- Morton, Julia F. (1987) “Mangosteen,” Fruits of Warm Climates, pp. 301-304
- Nakatani et al, (2002) “Inhibition of Cyclooxygenase and Prostaglandin E2 synthesis by ß-mangostin, A Xanthone Derivative in Mangosteen, in C6 rat glioma cells,” 63 Biochemical Pharmacology, pp. 73-7
- O.I. Shadyro et al. (2002) “Quinones as Free Radical Fragmentation Inhibitors in Biologically Important Molecules.” Free Radical Research, 36(8), pp. 859-867
- Page, Suzan, M. (2002, July 10,) “What is the Most Exotic Fruit in the World?” Marco Island Eagle
- Peres et al, (2000) “Tetraoxygenated Naturally Occurring Xanthones,” Phytochemistry, 55; pp. 683-710
- Schmid, W. (1855) “Isolation of Mangostin from Garcinia Mangostana Linn.” Liebigs Ann. 93: 83
- Shadyro, O.I. et al. (2002) “Quinones as Free Radical Fragmentation Inhibitors in Biologically Important Molecules.” Free Radical Research, 36(8), pp. 859-867
- Shankaranarayanan et al., (1980) “Effect of Mangostin a Xanthone from Garcinia Mangostana Linn.” in Immunopathological and Inflammation Reactions, 18 Indian Journal of Experimental Biology, pp. 843-46
- Sundaram BM, Gopalakrishnan C, Subramanian S, Shankaranarayanan D, Kameswaran L. (1983 May) “Antimicrobial Activities of Garcinia Mangostana,” Planta Med ;48(1):59-60
- Tay Yen Ping, Bonnie (1996) “Chemical Constituents of Garcinia Mangostana, G. Parvifolia, G. griffitti, and G. diversifolia (Guttiferae) and their biological activities.” Dissertation from Universiti Putra Malaysia
- Williams P., Ongaskul M., Proudfoot J., Croft K., Beilin L. (1995, Aug) “Mangostin Inhibits the Oxidative Modification of Human Low Density Lipoprotein,” Free Radic Res ;23(2):175-84
- Yaacob et al., (1955) “Mangosteen Cultivation,” Plant Production and Protection Paper, pp. 10-13 (Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations)
- Yoshikawa M, Harada E, Miki A, Tsukamoto K, Liang S, Yamahara N, Murakami N. (1994) “Antioxidant Constituents From the Fruit Hulls of Mangosteen (Garcinia Mangostana L.) Originating in Vietnam.” Yakugaku Zasshi. 114:129-133.
Disclaimer required by law: FDA regulations prohibit the use of therapeutic or medical claims in conjunction with the sale of any product not approved by the FDA. This document is for informational and educational purposes only. Information contained herein is NOT intended to be take as medical advice. Testimonials are given by persons who want to share their personal experiences and are provided solely for informational purposes. No therapeutic or medical claims are either implied or made. DO NOT INITIATE OR ALTER ANY MEDICAL TREATMENT WITHOUT THE PERMISSION OF YOUR HEALTH CARE PROVIDER.